Offering STEAM-based In-place Camp Sessions
The Friends School of Atlanta is pleased to bring its STEAM-based summer camp program back to campus for June and July of 2021. Staffed by experienced teachers, camp sessions will be offered for children ages 5-14, and each session will run for a week. FSA will also provide an aftercare option for those families looking to extend their day until 6:00 pm.
Regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, The Friends School of Atlanta Summer Camp Program plans to implement all of the recommendations of the CDC: CDC Summer Camp Recommendation. Our intention is to create an environment that is fun, safe and nurturing. We will be using the knowledge and experience gained this year from holding school during a pandemic to provide an excellent and safe experience for campers, families and staff. With that in mind, we will expect all campers, family members and staff to remain masked when on campus unless they are actively eating or drinking. Other protocols include daily health screenings, physical distancing and regular hand hygiene. Families should keep campers home if they are sick and should report any illnesses to the Camp Director during a camper’s enrollment in camp. We will use CDC guidelines to monitor campers for symptoms of Covid-19, and we will send classes home if the situation warrants it. If we do send a class home, we will reimburse families as necessary.
For detailed information about FSA’s summer camp offerings and to register, please visit the FSA camp registration page. Also, we will be adding more camps between now and June. Please check back if you are still looking for the just right topic for your camper.
Weekly camp session information for parents/caregivers:
- On Monday mornings, parents/caregivers will walk their campers to a check-in table to verify registration information.
- Tuesday through Friday, campers may be dropped off as early as 8:30am and no later than 9:00am, when camp begins.
- Campers will receive a health screening every day.
- Due to the pandemic, parents may not move through the building, and there will be no Friday presentations.
- Campers should bring a snack, lunch, water bottle and two masks daily.
- Campers should dress in comfortable clothes, including shoes appropriate for the playground.
- Afternoon carpool will take place from 3:00-3:15pm daily.
- Aftercare will run daily from 3:00-6:00pm for an additional fee ($75/week, prepaid via registration); aftercare is for the entire week only.
- With registration, parents/caregivers agree to abide by FSA’s safety protocols regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
A wonderful group of talented art teachers join together to offer a fun-filled, skills-building selection of art camps ranging from traditional art to fashion design to creative bookmaking.
Science Camps introduce students to the exciting world of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math), where such themes as innovation, Python coding, Lego robotics, drones and the wonders of nature will stimulate new passions for learning and creating among the campers.
Other Fun Camps
There are other fun camps to choose. Our youngest campers can learn to bake or do yoga. Campers can learn American Sign Language or even make a trip to Harry Potter’s Hogwarts!
The Amphibian Foundation, which is a separate organization from FSA, is proud to be returning to the FSA campus for its 7th year of Critter Camp!
Critter Camp is an exciting science-based look into the world of reptiles and amphibians. We introduce campers to the incredible biodiversity of amphibians and reptiles, using tropical as well as native Georgia species to illustrate aspects of biology and conservation. Critter Camp is a safe, hands-on experience where campers get to touch and hold the amazing animals they learn about! Join us this summer!
Critter Camp sessions are limited to 10 campers per week to ensure CDC protocols can be followed based on classroom spaces. Critter Camp will also provide an aftercare option for those families looking to extend their day until 6:00pm.
Questions? Please contact Critter Camp Director, Crystal Mandica, [email protected]