Offering STEAM-Inspired Camp Sessions
The Friends School of Atlanta is pleased to once again hold its STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mat) inspired summer camp program on campus for June and July of 2022. Staffed by experienced teachers, camp sessions will be offered for children ages 5-14, and each session will run for a week. FSA will also provide an aftercare option for those families looking to extend their day until 6:00 pm.
Regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, The Friends School of Atlanta Summer Camp Program plans to implement all of the recommendations of the CDC: CDC Summer Camp Recommendation. Our intention is to create an environment that is fun, safe and nurturing. Until the incidence of Covid-19 recedes to safe levels per the CDC and other public health officials, we will continue to implement the most current safety protocols related to daily health screenings, masks, physical distancing, regular hand hygiene and sanitation of facilities. Families should keep campers home if they are sick and should report any illnesses to the Camp Director during a camper’s enrollment in camp.
For detailed information about FSA’s summer camp offerings and to register, please visit the FSA Summer Camp registration page. Also, we will be adding more camps between now and June. Please check back if you are still looking for the just right topic for your camper.
Please note, Juneteenth is observed on Monday, June 20, this year, and that week of camp runs from June 21-24. The fees for that week are prorated.
Weekly camp session information for parents/caregivers:
- On Monday mornings, parents/caregivers will walk their campers to a check-in table to verify registration information.
- Tuesday through Friday, campers may be dropped off as early as 8:30am and no later than 9:00am, when camp begins.
- Campers will receive a health screening every day.
- Due to the pandemic, parents may not move through the building, and there will be no Friday presentations.
- Campers should bring a snack, lunch, water bottle and two masks daily.
- Campers should dress in comfortable clothes, including shoes appropriate for the playground.
- Afternoon carpool will take place from 3:00-3:15pm daily.
- Aftercare will run daily from 3:00-6:00pm for an additional fee ($75/week, prepaid via registration); aftercare is for the entire week only.
- With registration, parents/caregivers agree to abide by FSA’s safety protocols regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
A summer camp tradition, talented art teachers join together to offer a fun-filled, skills-building selection of art camps ranging from traditional art to fashion design to theater arts.
Science Camps introduce students to the exciting world of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math), where such themes as Lego robotics, drones and the wonders of nature will stimulate new passions for learning and creating among the campers.
Other Fun Camps
There are other fun camps to choose. Our youngest campers can learn to bake or do yoga. Campers can also explore food justice, video production or other entertaining options.
Watch for Information on Critter Camp!
The Amphibian Foundation, which is a separate organization from FSA, is proud to be returning to the FSA Campus for its 8th year of Critter Camp!
Critter Camp is an exciting science-based look into the world of reptiles and amphibians. We introduce campers to the incredible biodiversity of amphibians and reptiles using tropical as well as native Georgia species to illustrate aspects of biology and conservation. Critter Camp is a safe, hands-on experience where campers get to touch and hold the amazing animals they are learning about. Join us this summer!
Critter Camp will also provide an aftercare option for those families looking to extend their day until 6:00pm.
Questions? Please contact Critter Camp Director, Crystal Mandica, [email protected].