Since its founding in 1991, The Friends School of Atlanta has enjoyed the support of a remarkably generous community. Throughout the years FSA parents, as well as the Board, faculty, staff, alum families, members of Atlanta Friends Meeting and friends of the school, have given their time, talents and financial support to sustain a values-based education offered in a diverse, nurturing learning community.
While there are countless ways to support the school through volunteer support and other gifts in kind, there are five primary vehicles for providing financial support:
- The Annual Appeal provides essential support for the operations of the school.
- Business Sponsorships offer businesses marketing exposure to the FSA community and attendees of FSA events while at the same time supporting the important work of the school.
- The State Tax Credit Scholarship Fund, administered for FSA by the Apogee Scholarship Fund Organization, allows you or your company to redirect your Georgia state income tax dollars to provide tuition assistance for new FSA students coming from public schools or just entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade.
- The Legacy of Light Society includes friends of FSA who have included the school in their estate planning. Unless otherwise designated, planned gifts such as bequests and charitable remainder trusts support FSA’s endowment fund, the Legacy of Light Fund, ensuring the long-term financial health of the school. Such gifts can be structured to benefit the donor and/or the donor’s estate as well as FSA.
- The Quaker Education Fund provides tuition assistance to the children of families who are members or attenders of Atlanta Friends Meeting.
If you would like more information on how you can support The Friends School in its mission, please email Nancy Bent, Director of Advancement, or phone 404-373-8746 x8135.
To make a gift, click on the button below to give online. You may also make a gift by check. Checks should be made payable to The Friends School of Atlanta and mailed to:
Head of School
The Friends School of Atlanta
862 Columbia Drive
Decatur, GA 30030
All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Thank you for your support!