FSA’s Board of Trustees is dedicated to the mission of The Friends School of Atlanta and committed to guiding a long-term view of the school. Per the bylaws of the school, the Board make-up is always at least 50 percent members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
The ongoing work of the Board includes helping to develop strategic goals, approving the annual budget, participating in fund raising and hiring the Head of School.
- Michele Butts
- Laura Franzke
- Lewis Fuller
- Brian Gordon (Treasurer)
- Juan Jewell
- Nevin Krishna
- Hannah MacNorlin
- Jim Maxson
- Pat Michaelson (Recording Clerk)
- Marci Mitchell (Co-Clerk)
- Karen Morris
- Sara Patenaude
- Mina Rhee (Co-Clerk)
- Artis Stevens
Most committees are open to faculty and parents in addition to Board members. Please ask the Head of School if you are interested in being considered for a committee.
- Accreditation Planning: This committee will receive special training on the accreditation process, select a model for self-study and assist the administration and staff in the work needed to complete the accreditation process, which happens every five years. The Committee will conclude its work by January 2020.
- Admissions Committee: This committee is charged with reviewing admissions and marketing plans and to support all efforts to increase enrollment.
- Campus Development: This committee has the goal of prioritizing campus development needs to be addressed in the 2018-19 school year and updating FSA’s campus development plan. This committee also coordinates plans for reporting to the Board information that will assist the Board in determining whether to move toward opening a Friends high school.
- Development: Coordinates with the Director of Advancement to solicit funds for the Annual Appeal and to help seek funds from foundations and other outside sources for operating support, capital projects and endowment.
- Diversity, Equity, Justice: This committee is open to everyone in the FSA community: parents, students, faculty and alums. Working on diversity, equity and racial justice is an important component of the FSA vision. The committee hopes to bring faculty/staff, parents and students together to address these issues at the school and in our wider community.
- Finance: Assures the financial well-being of the schoool.
- Nominating: Suggests candidates for Board vacancies.
- Personnel: Monitors performance of the Head of School and his/her management of the staff. Reviews benefit package in consultation with Finance Committee.
- Quaker Life Committee: The mission of this committee is to increase understanding of the Religious Society of Friends and Friends education among faculty, staff, parents, Board and students through speakers, events and professional development opportunities.